The North Meols Civic Society is one of over 1,000 civic societies throughout the country. Our area of interest is the historic parish of North Meols, covering the northern part of Southport - Churchtown, Crossens and Marshside.
- involve ourselves in community projects and help to protect worthwhile buildings and open spaces;
- work for a cleaner, better North Meols and prevent sleaze and dereliction in our communities;
- help to try to solve traffic problems;
- inspect local government plans for the area and fight those which we believe will be detrimental to the local environment;
- work together with different groups in the area for mutual benefit;
- raise money to help with our objectives;
- welcome all age groups and hold regular talks on matters of interest;
- have our own garden in Cambridge Road, Churchtown;
- help to organise local entries into the Britain in Bloom and North West in Bloom floral competitions;
- have published the Churchtown Village Trail which has been praised by local historians. We also run a series of Village Trail walks for other organisations and schools;
- assist schools with historical and environmental projects relating to the local area;
- work with the local Museums and Libraries and help to organise and promote exhibitions and collections of local historical interest.
We always welcome new members, whether local or from further afield!
For further information